Sunday, January 30, 2011

For the Love of Rainbows



I love rainbows.

Something about one color melting into the next, the natural placement absolutely perfect...I love it.  When I put my Fiesta dishes away, I nest them together in perfect rainbow order.  When I hang diapers on the line, I usually hang them in rainbow order as well.  And then I stand back and sigh - a perfect rainbow.

There aren't many things in my life that I order in a particular way, and I certainly turn a blind eye to the mass disorganization that invades every area of my life.  But for some reason, I love rainbows.

I was looking through yarn and came across these - beautiful mini skeins of yarn dyed in perfect rainbow colors by Three Irish Girls.   I can see it knit up in an adorable striped sweater for a little one, or maybe a cozy blanket for the baby to snuggle into...but oy, that price tag!

Maybe something like this will do in the meantime:


Knitpicks makes a yarn that knits up in perfect rainbow gradient at an affordable price.

If you see my new babe wrapped in rainbow-ish glory, you'll know why - Mama loves her rainbows.


Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lydia, I just finished a pinafore for my 5yo out of that Chroma yarn!! It is soooooo pretty! I have loved that rainbow set from three irish girls for a long time too!

    Jenny V.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!