Wednesday, February 16, 2011

{Workbasket Wednesday}

Knitting is clothing made in spare moments, or round the fire, whenever women gathered together... It's something to celebrate-clothes made in love and service, something women have always done."
— Anne Bartlett Knitting: A Novel) 




I used to cram all my knitting works in progress into a cloth bag. This caused endless irritation and headache as multiple projects and balls of yarn would snarl together in one big mess, pierced through with knitting needles of all sizes.  A solution was required, and not one that mandated taking knitting one project at a time (because who has such self restraint when it comes to knitting?).

I found this lovely basket last year at a deep discount at the back of a clearance isle.  I initially kept it for the ever migrating toys that ended up in the living room, but found it to be too large for such an assignment.  Instead of being emptied at the end of every day, it took its time to fill, and then was such a daunting job that no one wanted to tackle it.  So I reclaimed the basket and set it up next to my knitting chair as a yarn and project holder, otherwise known as a workbasket.

So this week, what is in my workbasket?  A little bit of this, and a little bit of that.  First, a size 3/4 sweater being made for a custom order.  I finished the raglan shaping and neck last night, now just to weave in ends and block.


Next up, a week sweater for my cousin's new baby girl, just in need of some little sleeves. 


A circular rainbow blanket for my new baby (destined to be "in progress" for a while as I knit on it here and there).

Hopefully I'll finish a few of these up and start in on some new ones before next week!  What is in your workbasket?

Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

6 comments:

  1. Sara - just cast on for a Neighborly for F's birthday. Why does weaving in ends disinterest me so much that I will leave an almost finished object for weeks in avoidance of this simple task? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purple sweater is gorgeous! Love it!!
    I am currently working on a blanket for my son, but I attended a knitting festival this weekend and bought some yummy merino wool to make into sweaters for my kids...so, I am thinking that the blanket is going to end up on the back burner for a little while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of that green sweater ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the baby girl sweater! I actually like it without the sleeves. It would be really cute with a pink long-sleeve shirt or onesie underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the sweet comments! Emily, perhaps you are right - maybe I will just finish it as a short sleeved sweater!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!