Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmassing









 



Yes, we've been Christmassing this week, and all that implies.  Food, family and faith have taken a front seat to our days.   The perfect snow visited us and snow boots and mittens have taken up permanent residence by the back door.  I never intended to take a full week away from this space, but found myself reaching for books instead of my laptop, taking long winter's naps instead of blogging.  In short, I craved rest and quiet, and I found it.  Perhaps that is they key to why this Christmas has been the most peaceful one I can remember since I became a Mama.  I've also had time to reflect on the approaching year for my family, my hopes and dreams and aspirations for what comes next for the soon-to-be 8 of us.

With family still coming into town and several parties still left to attend, we are still in the thick of our holidays, but I will be back on Monday for Mindful Mothering Mondays and my hopes for the new year.

Love and blessings to you and yours!


If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or follow me by email at the top right hand of the screen to have future posts sent to you.
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely holiday. So happy to hear you found time for you to rest and enjoy the quiet...the perfect gift for yourself.

    Enjoy your weekend and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!