Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Land of Sweets



Nutcracker season is over and done.  And although the driving, on the go snacking and continually late-running rehearsals took their toll, I must say I enjoyed it all.  So proud of not only my little Angel this year, but also all of the other family members that made the production the magical success that it was - sisters and cousins and my Aunt and Mother behind the scenes.  Also the company that has been family to me for 20 years.



As I sat backstage or in rehearsals, knitting and nodding along to the Tchaikovsky music I could sing from memory, my toes tap along, remembering all of the roles and the years I spent on this very stage and, in some cases, in these very costumes.  Nutcracker is a precious Christmastime tradition that is pure pleasure to continue to take part in as well as pass along to my own little ones.  No matter the bone-deep exhaustion at the end of another successful run, I hope that it continues to be a part of our family for years to come.

All this being said, I am breathing a sigh of relief to be done with it all - and to settle in to the peace of Advent.  I'm thrilled to be done with the constant driving and the general upheaval, and enjoy our quiet moments at home again, with all of my little ones around.    They missed me and oh, but those feelings are mutual!  Now it feels as though Christmastime has truly begun.


Home with them, I'm in my own personal land of sweets.  And does it ever feel good!


If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or follow me by email at the top right hand of the screen to have future posts sent to you.

 

1 comment:

  1. Aww! So much fun! The Nutcracker is one of my favorites! What a sweet Christmas tradition for your family. I do agree though, there's nothing that compares to being at home with the ones you love. Have a blessed week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!