Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Day




I didn't get a picture of the heart cookies we made earlier this week. These are from last year and look about the same. I promised the kids that we'd make them as a concession to skipping Christmas cookies this year.  It really worked out well, actually. There is so much going on at Christmas time and significantly less in the middle of February that making Valentine's our cookie-holiday has been just perfect. I didn't mind at all spending most of the day on Monday going through the various stages of cookie making with my people.

The girls have been making Valentines on and off for over a month now and will probably be taking them around to our various family members this afternoon. J and I discussed what we wanted to do - ordering in and watching a movie sounds just about perfect for us, a couple of homebodies. My kids asked me what I wanted for Valentine's from them (oh sweet people!) and I said for school to get done efficiently. What can I say, it's been a bit of a bear lately. Wouldn't you know it's noon and we're done! What a gift.

Really, it doesn't take much for me. On Valentines and really every day, I just feel so fortunate for the love in my life. My kids, my husband, my siblings, friends, parents...I am abundantly loved. Even better, I have so many people to love on. And that is such a treasure. I hope I never forget it.

Happy Valentine's Day!


If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to future posts.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!