Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Usborne and Me





Over the past year, my family dealt with job loss not once, but twice. For a one income, larger than average family, this had the potential to be devastating. While were were held and supported and loved through those hard moments by our amazing community and God's provision, I wished that there was more I could do to be a help to my husband and support my family. This year my husband and I tossed around the idea of me working outside the home, but with 7 children, 4 of which are homeschooled and 3 more younger than school aged, it just didn't seem to be the right path for us.

 I have never considered direct sales until a friend of mine began selling Usborne books. I remembered the books from my childhood, purchased and used by my Mom during my own homeschool days. I have a few in my collection, found at used book sales over the years. As I looked through the catalog, I realized that this might just be the answer for me. Books and educational materials are hugely important to our family and something I don't need to work to drum up enthusiasm for. We give books as gifts to nieces and nephews and as a homeschooling family, we purchase a fair amount ourselves. Usborne is the leading publisher of non fiction children's books, and I had seen first hand how excellent their educational materials are. I don't feel that sales is something I am strong in, but I love getting to know people, talking to other parents and sharing what works for our family.

Usborne is a good choice for me because I can share books that my family is enjoying, help my friends get free books, make a decent commission and be right where I'm needed most right now - at home with my littles.

My Goal - is to make our grocery bill monthly and to fund extra curricular activities for my kids. We are dreaming big over here - ballet for Fiona, art for Dinah, sports for the boys - I'm excited to see just how far we can take this.

How You Can Help - Host an Online party - or just attend one I already have running! My kick off party is this Friday at 830 pm - wherever you are! Join my group on Facebook for your invitation. I promise we will have a lot of fun.


If you are at all interested in hosting a fun online party, earning free books and hanging out with me, you can get in touch with me here. For my first 12 weeks as a consultant, I can offer double the hostess rewards, which translates to free books for you! It's painless, fun and rewarding.




I'll periodically be updating my shopping link on this page and posting new offers and sales. Thank you so much for your support!

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to future posts.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!