Wednesday, February 9, 2011

{Something Special}

During the din of the every day, it can be easy to fall into just making it through.  We work and play and live so hard, we forget that every day is a miracle, every moment a blessing.

Over the past few weeks, I have been making more of a concerted effort to remind myself and my family that our time together is special and important.

It doesn't take much.  Using some leftover scraps in my stash, I sewed a simple table runner.  At a local second hand sale, I found a pair of silver candle sticks.  I paired them with candles I found on clearance and voila!  Every night, every dinner, is something special.   All for just a few dollars.

I've noticed a difference in my children at the dinner table - and at their willingness to help get the table set and cleared.  I've noticed a difference in my own feelings about the dinner hour, the preparation that goes into it, the food I offer, etc. 


Hoping to continue finding ways to bring us together, slow us down, and celebrate the grace in every day.

How are you celebrating regular family life?


Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!