Monday, May 30, 2011

Smile and the Whole World Smiles With You

When I was a little girl, my Grandpa used to since this song to me:

"Smile and the whole world smiles with you..."

His sweet little old man voice warbling in a song he remembered from childhood.  I can still hear it if I think about it hard enough, although he's been gone these ten years.

Lately, I've not been smiling.  It is one of the easiest things to do, and yet I haven't been.  I've not been a joyful mother to my children, or a dimpling darling to my husband.  Yes there have been hard days and yes I've been tired and a little low lately, but really?  Smiling has a way of changing all of that around.

This week is our last before some very big changes to our family life begin.  Things that are going to take some time to get accustomed to.  And today, I'm hoping to kick it off with some optimism and joy...and a big ol' smile.

Sing along with me?





Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!