Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lovely Longies

A few days ago, things cooled down around here.  Way down.  When I read the forecast for a 54 degree evening, I rushed to the baby's drawer and pulled out these longies I knit for him a few months back.




They were intended to be worn late fall into early spring.  Once again, I underestimated how large my babies tend to get rather quickly.



One of the things I love about drawstring longies is how long you can use them.  Peter is wearing these cuffed at the moment.  The drawstring waist lends plenty of adjust-ability.  Still, given that his thighs fill them out pretty well already, I'm not sure these will last us as long as I had previously thought.

{Want to knit some longies of your own?  Check out my free tutorial here.  Not a knitter?  Come "like" ThisBusyMama Knits on facebook for information on custom slots available!}

Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati Bookmark Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love them!! I don't think any of my 10 lbs plus chubby baby thighs would have ever fit them though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! Adorable! Now I just need a babe to knit them for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so awesome, Lydia. They remind me of ballet dancers, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!