Monday, October 10, 2011

Apples











Sometimes you just need to go out and climb a few trees, pick a few apples, swat a few mosquitoes (in October?).

Sometimes the only thing to do is drink up the fresh air and spend time with an Uncle, and Aunt and a wee second cousin.

Sometimes the main event is having fun together, with apples being a side bonus to an afternoon in the light.

Enjoying these golden 80 degree October days...you?



Bookmark Digg Bookmark Del.icio.us Bookmark Facebook Bookmark Reddit Bookmark StumbleUpon Bookmark Yahoo Bookmark Google Bookmark Technorati 

2 comments:

  1. What fun! We went apple picking this weekend too, and yesterday I made apple butter in the crock pot. It took all day, which is a good thing since that means the house smelled wonderful all day! Really easy - here's the recipe: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/apple-butter/14202be0-d2de-492a-b3c3-12845330f621

    I used Crispin apples, recommended to me at the orchard. I'm sure most cooking apples will work, but the less juicy the better so that it thickens easily.

    (If it's too moist, I wonder if draining it on cheese cloth would work?)

    Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe! I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!