Thursday, November 1, 2012

All Saints Day





Halloween was a success.  I stayed snug inside with a little hobbit and a few friends and family to keep me company while my husband heroically roamed the frigid streets with the older four.  There was a magic show at one home that I have still not heard the last of, and glow in the dark bracelets and necklaces lighting every step.  Yes, I would say Halloween was a wild success.


(to print a high quality version of the poster above, click here)


Today is the feast of All Saints.  I've recently become more and more interested in learning about various Saints and holding up their godly lives as examples to myself and my children.  Growing up protestant, we didn't really learn much about the Saints since bible days, but there have been many!  You don't have to be Catholic to learn much from the examples of holy men and women who have gone before us.  All Saints Day provides an excellent venue for that.  Today, while still waiting for the sugar coursing through their veins to abate some, we'll be reading and coloring and contemplating what a life lived in the center of Christ's purposes looks like. Thankful for a variety of holy and excellent examples!

If you would like to color along with us, visit Waltzing Matilda for some beautiful realistic coloring pages of various Saints.

Happy All Saints Day!

 

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or follow me by email at the top right hand of the screen to have future posts sent to you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!