Monday, February 4, 2013

I Will Remember {Mindful Mothering Mondays}

{Today I am packing up 5 children, 2 grandparents and one great grandma and heading out on a surprise fieldtrip.  Multi-generational, multi-sensory learning at it's finest!  I can't wait to come back and read what you have come up with this week.  Today I am re-posting this from last year.  I needed the reminder - perhaps you need this today, too?}




Today, I will remember that lectures may go in one ear and out the other, but kindness and understanding leaves an impression that will not fade away.

Today, I will remember that plans go awry more than they go as expected, and keeping a cool head always works better than losing it.

Today, I will remember that my kids don't want to disappoint me...and when they do, to deal gently with little souls who just plain got it wrong.

Today, I will remember that the state of my space does not define me as a mother or a person.

Today, I will remember that people come to see me, not my house.

Today, I will remember to smile, laugh and have fun.

Today, I will remember my goal is to give grace, charity, kindness and hospitality to all who enter this home.

Today, I will remember to be humble, not perfect.

Today, I will remember to remind my husband of all the reasons why he loves me.

Today, I will remember to thank my big kids for being such a big help.

Today, I will remember to be grateful for and content with the life I have been given.

For all of the times that I forget and fail, today I will try to remember.





”Small


{It's Mindful Mothering Mondays, a day to take a deep breath and write out your mothering journey, whatever form it takes. A day to link up for encouragement from others who are in this same phase of life. A day of writing out the trials and triumphs and what you're learning right where you are, right now.

You might post recent struggles or thoughts. Maybe just a picture or a quote. Or maybe you'll just come here and read the links that others post. Whatever form your participation takes, this is a day for you.
We are all in this, together. Together, we can encourage and build one another up, be honest with our shortcomings and strengthened by community to keep fighting the good fight.

I chose Mondays because what Mama doesn't need a little encouragement on a Monday? As such, I'll have the link up ready to go on Sunday night for you to begin submitting your links.

I hope you'll meet with me each Monday! Here's what to do ~

Link up your post below. Remember to put the link to the exact post you want to link, and not just your blog url. Include in your post a link back here so others who want to join in can find us! And visit some other Mamas who have linked up.

Post the community graphic within your post, so people who are reading your Mindful Mothering post can come back here and find the rest of us!

Invite the writers of your favorite blogs to join in!

Share this meme with others on facebook and twitter. This community is for all moms, and the more that participate, the more we will be able to enjoy!!}


Grab the graphic here:
”Small





If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to future posts.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful :) I needed this post today! Thank you for helping me remember

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!