Friday, March 1, 2013

In Like A Lion

"March comes in like a Lion, what else?  Still the snow never melts..."
~Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

With that last Winter storm, February is finally over.  And although March ( at least, the first week or so ) doesn't look much different, with freezing temps and snow, I'm so glad it is here!




It's our big birthday month, so I'll be scrambling to get everything ready for that. And Easter.  And the new baby.  Oy.  Lots going on in our neck of the woods over the next few weeks, but all good things.  I made this banner to keep up during this month - a kind of birthday/spring/happiness addition to our decor.  The kids are thrilled, and I'm glad that we can leave things "decorated" from birthday to birthday, just changing the birthday sign for the appropriate child as we celebrate each one.  Yes, this month will be a happy one.


I'm thinking naturally of the little lamb we'll be greeting toward the end of this month (or possibly in the beginning of next month) and making my preparations there as well.  I keep telling my midwife "I can't believe it's already time for this" even as I gather up necessary supplies and slide them under my bed, pulling them out now and then to double and triple check and convince myself that yes, this is real and yes, she will be here soon.  These last few weeks are sure to be a bit manic, stuffed full with celebration, but I'm hoping to find a few quiet moments to myself and remember to savor, savor, savor this time, those last few baby kicks and wriggles.

So I'm breathing deep and greeting March today.  Hoping it will be as wonderful as I think it will.


If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to future posts.  Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still wearing dress and boots - so cute!
    Snow not melting here either!!!
    Love the bunting, makes me think of spring.
    The first of March is a celebration in Wales - St Davids Day. Happy month of march to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get her out of that dress! I may need to use it as a template and make a few more. Happy St. Davids day! That sounds so much fun!

      Delete
  3. It will no doubt be wonderful in every way possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right about savoring this time! There is absolutely no feeling on earth like the feeling of that precious one whose face you don't yet know snuggled happily in the safest place.

    And your banner is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A small number of my blog readers have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any solutions to help fix this problem?

    Take a look at my web site :: staatliche altersvorsorge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!