Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Peacefully Knitting {Yarn Along}





We've been experiencing a bit of a heatwave here, strange weather for the week before Memorial Day in Michigan.  As a result, we don't yet have our house summer-ized, and things are a little toasty in here.  Still, I find myself knitting.  Rosie is 7 weeks old and has begun smiling and cooing in earnest.  She would much prefer to sit in her little chair and be chatted with when awake then held.  This all results in me sitting nearby, needles in hand, indulging my littlest Miss.  I'm working on a pair of shortie overalls, customs for a friend.  Lately I've been thinking of getting back into the knitting-as-income game, and how that may play out.  I'm hoping to list a few pre-made items on my facebook page, so if you are interested in being notified when those go up, please like my page here.

With all the knitting and planting and outdoor playing and peek-a-booing going on around here, I haven't been reading much.  I still haven't finished "A Circle of Quiet," but during a recent nursing session, I reached out and grabbed whatever was handy - "Peace Pilgrim," it turns out, was just sitting in the right place at the right time.  It is a very interesting book about a very interesting person, someone I had never before heard of.  I find myself making mental notes and wishing I had a highlighter handy (where did those disappear to?).  She has a lot of wisdom in her book.  I cannot say that I agree with all of her views or ideas, but I find her to be absolutely charming.  I am so enjoying this little book!  (Thank you to my sister Hannah for sending it to me! You are right, it's wonderful!).

Joining up with Ginny today for her lovely yarn along!


If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to future posts.  Thank you.

26 comments:

  1. your baby is lovely!
    have a nice week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I have that book! I got it at our zoo when I was in middle school... I was way too young for it then. I should find it and try reaching it now. Beautiful yarn color. Beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would oblige that little one too! Such cute baby legs and toes. I am in Arizona and it is hot, but I grew up in SE Michigan so I know what that can be like too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got a cooling trend here in SW Washington; in fact, it's 37 degrees this morning...brrrr! Not good for my tomatoes. I can't remember when we've ever had a fire going in the woodstove this late into spring. It is perfect weather for knitting, though, so I'm doing lots of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's adorable!!! I'd love to spend my day chatting with her, too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! I am from MI! I know about the hot spells... the baby is so lovely! I LOVE the book Circle of Quiet by M. L'Engle!! Blessed day to you ~ Elizabeth (http://eroosje.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, you baby is so amazingly sweet. i am always wishing i had a highlighter around when i am reading. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds very peaceful! We are headed your direction next week. My husband is playing golf in Traverse City and I am spending the week with a friend in South Bend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, is there anything better than knitting and staring at your brand-new squishable baby? Mine is one and likes to steal my ball of yarn now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, is there anything better than knitting and staring at your brand-new squishable baby? Mine is one and likes to steal my ball of yarn now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello sweet little baby :) Love that she is smiling! Probably because she likes your knitting .

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a lovely baby :o) - what a lovely way to spend some time, knitting and looking into a sweet little angelic face. Have a great week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll admit to encouraging my babies to love wool ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The are worse than kittens with a yarn ball, those one year old little stinkers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Traverse City is lovely. Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maybe one of these days I will actually put one with my reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. At this point, that weather sounds wonderful! I just put my plants in the ground, though, so I'm a bit worried about the cool down we are looking forward to this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Desert heat is doable for me..it's the horrible humidity that drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's really interesting. I can't believe I had never before heard of her!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Rosie is so beautiful! Our posts are apparently a little parallel today - I posted pictures of my 3 week old Rosie alongside my knitting this morning too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Sarah I will head right over to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is getting so big!!! I put the Peace Pilgrim on my list for the next trip to the library :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really think you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your LO is gorgeous and growing fast. Love the colour of your yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!