Monday, August 19, 2013

Inspired {Mindful Mothering Mondays}





It was a Friday, and I had got it in my head to make a few dinners.  The baby was napping and Peter was playing nicely with the others, so I started in.  4 lbs of chicken breasts roasted in the oven while I chopped and prepped 3 meals - White Chicken Chili, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Tetrazini.  Making meals ahead of time (and in bulk) can help me so much during busy times.  It's that kind of project that requires a few hours of alone time in the kitchen, and for some reason I thought this was as good a time as any.

My time of the baby napping was sure to be fast fleeting, so I threw myself into the task - before I had even taken a shower.  A friend had told me she was going to stop by, but in the midst of my meal-making fury, I had forgotten.  That, is, until she tapped on the door.

In my pajamas, in my dirty kitchen, standing barefoot on that filthy floor (my plan was to mop when I was done with the cooking), pots bubbling on the stove and the sink full of dishes - well, I wasn't at my best.  I hadn't yet looked in a mirror and was sure what I'd find there wasn't pretty.  If she noticed, she didn't let on.  As she was leaving, she mentioned "You've inspired me with your making ahead of meals.  You're so organized."

I looked around when she left and didn't see anything inspiring at all.  And organized may be the very last word I ever use to describe myself. But later on, when I finally mopped that floor and slide those three finished meals into my fridge for the days to come, I knew what she meant.

We all have the potential to inspire others - and not just when our lives are picture perfect.  Making several meals at once never occurred to me until a friend mentioned offhandedly that she did it for her large family.  There are little things we can take away from the lives of others - and we aren't required to be flawless to inspire.

Your life and how you live it - speaks to those around you.  The people you see every day are your ministry.  The beautiful thing about life and service and finding our way is that there are as many different ways to make the world a better place as there are people living in it.  Some have Pinterest-worthy homes, and inspire us with their organizational hacks.  Some have messy homes and inspire us with their open hearts and hospitality.  Some welcome children from all over the world, name them family and change the future forever.  Others raise their own babies in their own home and show us how serving our own families benefits the world as a greater whole.

The point is - you inspire.  You, in all your uniqueness.  You can point the world toward a better existence just by being yourself.  Each one of us bears the indelible mark of the Creator, and our triumphs point squarely at Him.  It is no mistake that we are different.  It is in our differences that He can shine. So some of us are listeners, and some of us are preachers.  Some of us are doers, and others are the soft place to land.  Some of us minister a world away from where we are born, and some of us bear babies right here in our homes and grow them up, strong and honest, and bless the world that way.  We inspire by being organized and relaxed.  Regimented and creative.  Routine-following and free flowing.  We all have something to offer.

Living and serving as ourselves, using our strengths and natural gifts and abilities - it is how we change the world for the better.  And it is there that we can bless others - starting with those closest to us. Each of us has the potential to inspire - even with a sink full of dirty dishes.




”Small



{It's Mindful Mothering Mondays, a day to take a deep breath and write out your mothering journey, whatever form it takes. A day to link up for encouragement from others who are in this same phase of life. A day of writing out the trials and triumphs and what you're learning right where you are, right now. You might post recent struggles or thoughts. Maybe just a picture or a quote. Or maybe you'll just come here and read the links that others post. Whatever form your participation takes, this is a day for you. We are all in this, together. Together, we can encourage and build one another up, be honest with our shortcomings and strengthened by community to keep fighting the good fight.
I chose Mondays because what Mama doesn't need a little encouragement on a Monday? As such, I'll have the link up ready to go on Sunday night for you to begin submitting your links.

I hope you'll meet with me each Monday! Here's what to do ~

Link up your post below. Remember to put the link to the exact post you want to link, and not just your blog url. Include in your post a link back here so others who want to join in can find us! And visit some other Mamas who have linked up.

Post the community graphic within your post, so people who are reading your Mindful Mothering post can come back here and find the rest of us!

Invite the writers of your favorite blogs to join in!

Share this meme with others on facebook and twitter. This community is for all moms, and the more that participate, the more we will be able to enjoy!!}


Grab the graphic here:
”Small



If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to future posts.  Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Lydia, this post was great and much needed as I am at home beginning to hyperventilate over transitioning back to work after having the summer off. You are so right, that we are being watched and inspire even when we do not know that it is happening. I hope your meals are delicious! I just filled my freezer preparing for the changes that come with fall. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet! And you inspire me more than you know, even with all the miles between us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. It is true that inspiration does not have to be born out of perfection. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspire me all the time. You inspire me to relax and enjoy my kids more and to value my time with them above all else. Sometimes I forget...then I come back here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your words about a higher purpose, being inspiring and mostly having something to offer. We all have something to offer others as our experiences are unlike anyone else's. We do this for now and the future as what we do now molds the future-and our children's lives. It's more important than ever for us to raise our awareness
    of where products are made. If you want to buy Made in USA, I do reviews of
    products Made in USA. See my latest here, I sincerely hope this helps you find
    what you're looking for! http://www.americanmomreview.com/2013/08/glass-dharma-sipper-straw-and-heavenly.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's more important than ever for us to raise our awareness
    of where products are made. If you want to buy Made in USA, I do reviews of
    products Made in USA. See my latest here, I sincerely hope this helps you find
    what you're looking for! http://www.americanmomreview.com/2013/08/glass-dharma-sipper-straw-and-heavenly.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!