Thursday, January 2, 2014

9 Months {PHFR}





When I started this blog, Jonah was the baby.  Then along came Peter and now, Rosemary.  I know that this blog tends to be the {insert baby name here} show for the first year or so...but I can't really help it.  They grow and change so quickly and, if I'm being totally honest, they are the most willing to be photographed (or at least the most oblivious). You all bear with me so well!

Today Rosemary Beatrice is 9 months old.  Last night she fell asleep next to me on the couch and my husband kindly refrained from rolling his eyes as I asked him every few minutes to look, just look.  "Isn't she beautiful?"  "Isn't she perfect?"  "Isn't she amazing?"  "Isn't she...?"

Oh little Rosemary.  Such a love.  A really difficult baby, if I'm being honest, but such a darling at the same time.  On her 9 month birthday, how about a little Rosie Bea {Pretty,Happy,Funny,Real}?  The ladies over at Like Mother Like Daughter are on break that week, but that doesn't mean we have to be!

{Pretty}

Self explanatory.  And yes, I am horribly prejudiced, but I can't get over this one.  She's like a porcelain doll.  I could (and do) look at her for hours.

{Happy}
Rosie is a delighted baby -- unless her Mom leaves the room.  But these days, as she's crawling around the house at an alarming pace and excitedly finding things to eat off the floor, she's a much happier baby than ever before.  She's practicing standing and the big kids cheer.  How they adore her is a marvel, and she loves them right back.  In the morning, the girls come into my room and she reaches her perfect dimpled hands right out to be scooped up by a sister.  So much happiness.

{Funny}

Rosie has a ridiculous sense of humor.  She loves when the kids play "animal" with her, crawling up on her and growling while she shrieks with laughter.  She cracks up when I say "no biting Mama!" after sinking those gleaming teeth into my arm.  She thinks the entire world is downright hilarious.  Unless Mama's not home.  Then it's the sad and horrible.

{Real}

All of this to say, Rosie is exhausting.  Delightful, charming, lovely, exhausting.  I'm so tired all of the time, and I know it's because if I'm awake, she is, too.  The other day I cleaned up my room and put up the pack n play (for the second time) in an attempt to get her nap, alone.  She was in there for 10 minutes before she noticed I was gone.  I'm afraid it will take years of chiropractic care to repair the amount of babywearing I've done with this little chunker.  Still, I wouldn't trade her, or these last 9 months, for anything in the world.

Happy 9 Months Rosemary!  You've stolen my heart.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to future posts.  Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. She is beautiful. Happy 9 months to both you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those babies that adore their mamas so much they won't let them out of their sight! Good thing they are adorable and sweet or we might go crazy. Jack (19 months) has taken to bringing me the Ergo and saying "snuggle" .

    Rosemary is a beautiful baby and I can hardly believe she's nine months already!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!