Friday, February 28, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies and Sunshine





So it's -15 degrees here today (and no, that's not with windchill). The sun is shining and the sky's brilliant blue and I'm doing my very best to convince my kids that no, it's not warm out there. At all. I had some aspirations today about eating healthy, really giving it a go, maybe even giving up sugar. So naturally by noon, I was saying things like "hey, who wants to help me make some cookies?" It's really no big deal. Rosie won't be one til April so I can still pretend that little extra around my waistline is pregnancy weight (it is most definitely not).

Despite (or perhaps because of?) my sad little backslide, I'm in an excellent mood. Today is gorgeous. There are sweet kids, like that ten year old up there, who just crack me up and make me fall in love over and over. There are warm peanut butter cookies because our "school" doesn't have to be peanut-free and it totally counts as kindergarten. It's Friday, which is always the best day of the week, and tomorrow is March.

Wait, tomorrow is March?

If you want to make some awesome Peanut Butter Cookies, here's the recipe we used!

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen (so normally I'd double. Or quadruple. But I'm trying to be good...)

1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C peanut butter
1/2 C butter
1 large egg

Mix the above together well. Then add

11/4 C all purpose flour
3/4 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt

Stir together. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. I rolled mine  in sugar and pressed with a fork. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.  One cookie has "only" 115 calories in it, so naturally I ate 5.

Enjoy!


If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to future posts.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE peanut butter cookies!!
    The 2 years previous, I watched a child who had a severe peanut allergy so we couldn't make stuff like this anymore.
    I am so making this tomorrow!! You know, for Happy March 1st day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!