Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Still Unfinished {Yarn Along}







Sometimes I'm ridiculous.  I wrote the following paragraph yesterday, planning to finish up the second sleeve of Rosemary's cardigan last night and post this morning with pictures.  Well, I fell asleep on the couch while watching a show on my computer and, suffice it to say, it didn't happen.

It's done!  Rosie's cardigan.  Finally.  The sleeves ended up being 3/4 length as we were really down to the wire in terms of yardage.  Still, a 12 month cardigan with just 1 skein of yarn is pretty good!   The pattern again is the Sunnyside baby cardigan and I used KP Stroll Tonal in Thunderhead.  Instead of the gradual decreases, I knit straight and did one row of K2tog to make the sleeves a little bit more feminine.  My sweet friend Sara is sending me along some vintage buttons and then it will be all set!  I can't wait to put it on her.

So, it's not done. But next week?  Next week it will be...I hope.

My next few projects will be necessity related.  The girls need new shrugs for the Spring and luckily my yarn fairy sent some cotton yarn that will work perfectly.  There's so much satisfaction in being able to fill a need like that, just using a little know-how and something that you already have.

I borrowed my Mom's sewing machine to make a few things for Rosemary.  Peasant dresses and another pair of quick change pants as she has really worn the others to death. Just what that girl needs to take her into Springtime.  It feels so nice to get back into making things.  I lost my mojo for a while there but I can feel it creeping back again.  I think it has something to do with the slow return of longer days and sunshine!

What are you working on?


If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to future posts.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!