Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bring the Rain





"You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it;

~Isaiah 45:8

After 105 degrees saw us marching in a parade on the Fourth, today the plan was to mostly stick inside, keeping as cool as possible.

Just after lunch, the rain began.  I slipped Peter into his bed for a nap, left the girls and Jonah coloring on the coffee table and stepped out on the porch where a classic Summer thunderstorm was in full swing.

The buckets on the porch still held the remnants of last night's backyard fireworks display.  Confetti swam in rivers down the driveway.  I hesitated a moment and then stepped out in it myself....


The Lord will make flashing clouds;
He will give them showers of rain...
Zechariah 10:1



2 comments:

  1. I love the rain... of course living in Oregon I have to there is no choice other than to move. The overcast days and the coolness is wonderful.
    I am comfortable in a sweaters and sweatpants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I am hoping for some rain here soon. I too will be stepping out to get a little wet when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! While you're here, don't forget to click "subscribe"!